Saturday, October 20, 2007

Day 52: Tiny Adventure and Tagged

John's day has gone pretty well. Since going so far yesterday he was kinda pooped most of the day, but this is what I see him do and expect that tomorrow he will be going/doing even more. Today was the first time that he felt good enough to head down a hallway that he didn't know, but after a few minutes he was too tired to go further and was ready to head home. He's already in bed, asleep, of course I have to do replacement fluids and change meds and stuff so that will probably not let him sleep peacefully, but hopefully he'll get some rest and be ready to play tomorrow.

Tagged - Charity the Lutheran Hen tagged me to give me something else to blog about. Thank you! I've been thinking of this all day and what I was going to write, it's been nice to have this to think of.

Here are the rules.
1. Link the person who has tagged you.
2. Tell seven true things about yourself.
3. Tag seven new people.
4. Leave a message with the person you have tagged so they know about it.

Seven True Things About Me:

1. I'm a binge reader - I love books, and love to read, but find that I read a half dozen books in a short amount of time and then don't read for a bit and then I'm off to another set. Since John's surgery I've read Little House in the Big Woods, Little House on the Prarie, 101 Dalmatians, The Christmas Jar, Real Food, Eat Fat,Look Thin and am now slowly making my way through Farmer Boy.

2. I love to sing, but I stink on ice. I have a wonderful 3 note range, so my favorite way to sing is either alone in the car, or better yet sitting next to Mark in church, he sings so loud and so beautifully that it just drowns me out and lets me enjoy singing without worrying that others will have injured ears when it's all over. This works out perfectly as my absolute favorite things to sing are Lenten Hymns and that is when he gets to sit with us the most.

3. I really like to sew and it doesn't much matter what. I've enjoyed making quilts, clothes and even home dec items but find that I need peace of mind to machine sew and yet hand sewing or crocheting brings peace of mind, which is weird, but then I tend to be weird so there you go.

4. While I was growing up my parents repeatedly told my sister and I that we could do anything that we set our minds too, and I will admit that I'm pretty convinced of this. It's a nice mindset to have in that it makes me confident of my own abilities and yet it drives me crazy too because there are things that I've not been able to accomplish and I'm positive it's just because I need to try harder.

5. Even though I haven't listened to it much in the hospital, at home I'm a talk-show junkie, well not all talk shows, my favorites are Glenn Beck because he's just a nut, and Rush Limbaugh whom I have to be careful with or I find myself using his phrases in places that I wish I hadn't just said that.

6. I'm a talker, anyone who knows me in person will vouch for that, it's part of the reason that I like to blog so much, it's also the one thing that probably drives my husband the most crazy. I don't like to talk just to hear my own voice, but I do enjoy getting to express my opinion on everything and have over the years had to learn to shut-up and tone-it-down, but I think I've come a long way from the 3yo whose grandmother gave her a book on tact, and just for the record that ladies lipstick was ugly, but maybe I shouldn't have told her so :)

7. While here with John I've been reading books about whole foods, raw milk and grass fed beef, sustainable resources and such. On one hand I am a Reagan voting, pro-life, right-wing nut job Republican, on the other hand I'm finding that I'm fairly well convinced of much that I'm reading. It's a paradox, but then I'm used to living with paradoxes because I'm firmly convinced that I am simul justis et pecatur.

I'm sure everyone in the world has gotten to do this so I only know of one person to tag, okay Angie you're it!

No comments: