Thursday, October 11, 2007

Day 43: Mommy is a Crybaby!

I'm sure that's what I would have heard if John could speak using words, instead I was treated to a little boy who was laying in bed, making the sign for crying and then looking at me and giggling and then doing it again and again and again. This carried on for a good 15 minutes or so, little silly thing.

I've always been a person that cried easily, both for happy things and for sad things, oh and scary and sentimental and well, okay, I cry easily. Today we found out that John needs to start blood pressure medicine. We've been dreading this day for a long time, and now he's on the meds and we don't even know what caused it. Could be just the stress of surgery, etc., and go away with time, or it could be the beginning of another chapter of John's life. I cried when they told me, and I cried again when I told Mark, that was the time that prompted John to start making fun of me. The best thing about a great husband and a silly son is that why Mark was reminding me that Christ is the one who has always and will always take perfect care of John, no matter what goes on with him, and John was mock crying and giggling at me.

When he was done with this then he decided that he would start dialing on dad...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

...and then his new puppy got in on the act too...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

a silly boy all the way around!

Today is the first non-morphine day, well okay about 1am will be 24 hours, but we've made it through a PT, OT and a long stroller ride with no morphine.

It's also the very first time that John actually watched Clifford and Curious George on tv and enjoyed the stories and then later was laughing at Glen Beck who was laughing at someone else on his show. It's been a roller coaster day, but in the end a good one.

John's small bowel study is tomorrow. If all goes well they will start feeding him and then according to the nurse coordinator we could be out-patient as early as middle of next week. We'll see what the morning brings.

3 comments:

The Hen (Charity) said...

Hopefully the hp meds will be short lived. My gut tells me that comming off of the morphine might have caused his bp to get a little higher. God our Father takes of all of his creation including John.

Elephantschild said...

I'm thinking that somewhere out there is a stuffed toy with posable fingers and arms - ala Gumby - so John could make his stuffed buddies talk, too. How cool would that be? :)

Gina said...

Boy I hope they are short-lived, the nurse this morning told me that most of the kids are on bp meds up here because of all the stuff they go through, already his bp is down, so we'll see. Thanks for the reminder Charity, I need it!

I never thought of posable toys, what a good idea! I think he would really like that. I'll have to look around and see what I can find, thanks!