Saturday, December 11, 2010

Today's FaceBook Updates

Thank the Lord and Sing His Praise. Today was uneventful for John and a lovely day to be indoors with no need to make any trips or run any errands. The weather outside is still frightful, and we rejoice that there are no plans for any adventures.

7am Each night after evening prayer and before I say goodnight I tell John that I expect him to be here in the morning, each morning I am delighted that he is here. He needed some extra sedation and pain meds to get through the night but nothing else and so we wait news of the plans for the day. Our plans are to read to him, to hold him as much as possible and make sure this day he knows that he is loved.

9am Rounds have happened and Dr Mercer is on this weekend, it's nice to see him and nice that he gets to be the one to watch over what will hopefully be uneventful days. They have nothing really planned just watching his wound drain carefully to make sure his anastamosis has remained sewn together, maybe some Lasix today and dialysis again tomorrow.

Noon Good news should now come in dribs and drabs and so updates will probably be as slow and small. For the moment the most amazing thing is John not only tolerated a bath well but is turned up on his side, all the way on his side for the first time since transplant and doing well.

3pm This time John is not only turned up on his side but we also turned his bed on angle and he tolerated it well and is sleeping peacefully. The other little good news is that John's labs are now only daily, he will get gases done every six hours still to see if he can be weaned on the vent but electrolytes and blood counts will only be done in the mornings starting tomorrow. That is a huge change it has been every 6 hours, sometimes every 2 hours and at times when things are very bad every 5 minutes.

7:30pm One more little step - at least for the past several hours and right now John is maintaining his own body temps without needing a heated blanket to help him.

9:30pm We enjoyed a nice quiet day with John who would occasionally open his eyes up some like he was looking for us and be comforted that we were near by. I was finally able to relax enough to watch a few episodes of Star Gate with Mark, the firs...t time I've been able to relax much at all since this all started. It was nice to have a day in which we were more hopeful than fearful and in which every so often the thought of what life with John and no tpn or pumps and such could look like flitted around then corners of our brains. Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement, we continue to pray Lord have mercy and thank Him for the mercy we have seen.


Today our friends on Facebook shared more encouragement from Scripture and prayer, and so we share it here as well.

A friend posted this after Gina's first update this morning.

I thank you, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen.

Another friend shared this from a group that shares Bible verses on Facebook.

Proverbs 4:20-22 My son, be attentive to my words;
incline your ear to my sayings.
Let them not escape from your sight;
keep them within your heart.
For they are life to those who find them,
and healing to all their flesh.

No comments: