Friday, March 25, 2005

Maddening

As always everything here changes or stays maddeningly the same. The walls are the same, so is the food and the level of exhaustion. But John isn't going to be back on TPN - at least not yet. His IV fluids are only going to run 12 hours at a time.

Finally got a chance to talk with Sharon and she with Rothbaum and Hanna. They sound hopeful to get John off TPN and broviac free without doing the STEP procedure. We hope and pray that is how it goes. We have the utmost trust in Dr. Keshen and believe that if STEP is needed he is the best person for the job for John but even he seems to hope it's not necessary.

Sharon may be able to arrange a sit down with all docs involved. I think she called it a Care Conference. We want to know how long John's liver will hold out and therefore how long before the STEP would have to be considered.

When I see Hanna tomorrow though I need to find a way to clearly communicate to him that A. we hope and pray John cane come off TPN without any surgical intervention and B. that we will sit here as long as it takes. I have to be more careful with how things are said around here because I don't want anyone to think that we aren't prepared to sit still and wait. It is the damnable miscommunication around here that drives me insane.

Margaret is our nurse today. She is so nice and so maternal it leaves me nothing to do. So I've had time to write and go for walks and even found 5 yards of Munki Munki Cowboy fabric to buy. I have no clue what I'm going to do with 5 yards of that fabric other than making stuff for John out of it. By the time I get home my sewing room is going to be buried under fabric and such. Mark is going to bring the Fitting book up for me so that I can order the tools and notions that I need to use the book when I finally get home.

John's napping peacefully the crane is moving back and forth outside the window and it's tempting to catch a nap but I think I'll crochet for a while instead. Oh and think about all the things I can don on my new laptop with it gets here.

No comments: