Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Frogs on My Plate

Figuring out a way to teach John something is often much more difficult than his actually learning of it when you get there. We have counted things with John forever, both he points to it and we count out loud and we point to it and he signs and we count out loud. I have wondered for a while if he was really getting it or just fantastic at compensating and showing me what he thinks I want. Well okay I admit he is fantastic at that but still I needed to know before we tackled bigger math things.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So for today I wrote out the numerals 0 through 10 on paper plates and Mark, dad's day off today, had John put the appropriate number of frogs on the plates. My plan is to continue doing this activity in various ways until he can come out here to the plates on the table in random order with the wrong number of frogs on them and fix them without help or supervision. Sounds like a pretty tall order I know, but I think it is one he is capable of given time and incentive.

No comments: