Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A quick update...

...as John is playing in hall with dad, ball and fellow backpack boy and I'm actually supposed to be paying bills, ugh. John and I had a great time staying with our friends this weekend, much to tell there but it will have to wait until I have more time. Sunday evening Birk rushed us to the hospital though as John was running a a fever. Long story short he has a central line infection, gram negative again. His fever got as high as 39.5 and the line was pulled, Cefepime added and he perked right up and was ready to play. John should be having a temporary central line placed on Thursday and then will be outpatient and maybe even headed home, much will depend on dad's ability to hang out until that decision is final, at least we should be headed home next week. His CO2 dropped during the night to 15 which is not good, but is repairable and just from the way he is acting I would say that it is already going up. I wanted to make sure to say a big thanks to the ladies from the Senior Center and the ladies from church who sent the big bag of toys - wow, you are awesome! John loves them and is having a great time playing with his little friend with them. Smiles all the way around!

3 comments:

Ewe said...

I bought airplanes today at the Dollar store! Should I mail them to the hospital or home? I will try to get them in the mail tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

John and Gina will be here in Omaha until Tuesday the 24th.

Gina said...

Oh Rachel you are so sweet!