Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just Wandering

Days with Mark gone are hard. He left for home yesterday afternoon and John was a little nutso for the rest of the day. Last night when I was putting him to bed he was ornery and mad acting and I finally just asked him if he missed daddy and was that what was wrong, he laid his head on my knee and just sobbed. So we are counting down the days, hours, more like the moments until daddy is back.

Today we did a good bit of wandering around and John was pretty good for most of it. He has been smiling and happy to see our friends here and enjoying riding around in his chair and pushing every available button, unfortunately including some of his mother's. But today one more time he decided that I was too slow, or too distracted, whatever, and by the time I caught up with him he was 3 hallways away. When this happens, it's really only happened twice, it's both scary and infuriating. He was soundly spanked and mom drove his chair all the way back to his room and then he had to be out of it for a couple hours before getting back in. He signed he was sorry over and over and I told him that I forgave him over and over and we both cried and still I just don't know what to tell him to make him realize that he just can't do this, so if someone reading this has some magic answer don't keep it to yourself, share it! After all that we still had a really good afternoon and evening and now he is snuggled in bed already asleep. He had labs done today and they were beautiful. His g-tube feeds are going up slowly but steadily and all looks well.

We are excited to have Charity and her family come to rescue us for the weekend. It always makes me a little sad that I don't have the capacity to haul John's chair with us, but still he is so excited to go and play with his friends and being rescued from the boredom of the hospital is such a huge gift. We look forward to attending worship on Sunday, our first time to be in church since the Sunday before surgery - I know it's only a few weeks but it seems like forever and leaves me again not understanding how people can just lay out of church most of the time and it not bother them.

I'll try to remember to take the camera with me and get pictures this weekend for a nice big Monday update. The mail that has come has been such a blessing, thanks to everyone for all that they send, mail, texts, emails, fb, etc., it all makes these days a little more bearable. Have a beautiful weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I continue to keep your family in my prayers.

You said, "leaves me again not understanding how people can just lay out of church most of the time and it not bother them."

I can give you the short answer, the longer your away the easier it is to not attend. Also, if you don't have a good solid church to attend it makes it that much easier to skip church. When you have to drive over an hour just to attend a church with weak teachings and some iffy practices it's easier to just stay home. Yes, I know that you receive God's Word at a church like this but it's still easier not to go rather than contend with a church you don't really want to attend.

Gina said...

And we will keep you in ours. I think that is one of the saddest things in this fallen and sinfilled world that good jobs and good churches are not close together.