Monday, March 19, 2007

Real hugs!

We finally have real hugs! And they are wonderful!!!!

John has never really given hugs, he figured out kisses a while ago, but somehow hugs were escaping him. He has been hugging his stuffed animals, but those he can wrap his arms around, so the concept of hugging someone that you can't wrap your arms all the way around was baffling him. Well night before last I was holding him and Mark came over and wrapped his arms around both of us and said 'hug' and John thought this was hilarious so we did it several times and then Mark held John and I hugged them both and voila the real hug was realized. Last night I was carrying John in to bed I gave him a hug and he gave me one back, and then another and another and then it was daddy's turn. Real hugs, what a wonderful thing!

No comments: