Sunday, April 4, 2010

Running Water

I know, I know, it's Easter and there are definitely more important things to be said than what I have to say, but I'm going on the assumption that you have been in church this morning to hear the WORD of grace and forgiveness that is the amazing Easter message of our risen Christ.

This Lent has been a strange one for us, on one hand the joy and grief of being pregnant and miscarriage, on the other hand this is the first Lent and now Easter that John hasn't spent some or all of it in the hospital. This morning I found myself crying tears of joy and sorrow all at the same time and John my sweet boy keeps finding a reason to come hug me. He's growing up so much and while I am sad that I will not hold 2 of my babies on this side of heaven, I am so very happy and thankful that my first baby is doing so well.

Mark and I have been talking lately about just how much he seems to be coming into his own person, his personality is shining through, he holds his body different and we've been watching him develop little mannerisms, some that remind us of Mark, some of me, some completely of his own. We've known that he was growing and changing right before our eyes, but not until this afternoon did I realize how much taller he had gotten. I was getting some school stuff ready for him and he came to show me that he had marker on his hand and needed to wash it, I told him in a minute and went back to what I was doing. Then I got to thinking just why is that water running and I looked over and realized that John had turned the water on himself and was washing his hand - he couldn't reach the faucet last week!

Photobucket

I leave with you with a few words from my favorite Easter hymn, Christ Jesus Lay in Death's
Strong Bands, this hymn usually elicits groans and complaints but to me it is more beautiful than all the others.

See, His blood now marks our door;
Faith points to it; death passes o'er,
And Satan cannot harm us.

Christ is Himself the joy of all,
The sun that warms and lights us.

Therefore let us joyful be
And sing to God right thankfully
Loud songs of alleluia!

No comments: