Monday, September 5, 2011

Just You Wait

Over John's life I have found myself sitting and waiting for news, and healing and monitors, and lab results and waking up and all kinds of things that drive me crazy and to the foot of the cross all at the same time. Lately I have a new job of sitting and waiting and it just makes me smile, John has been sitting in his footplates and driving around for a while, he has even been finding places to stand up and walk a bit holding onto something and then sit back down and go somewhere else. Well now he is plotting up places to park his chair so that he can get out on his own and get to where he wants to go, he still needs a little help on the other end, so I find myself sitting on the foot of his bed or next to the potty with the hugest grin on my face as he parks and stands and walks to me and I sit with joy and wait.

No comments: