Friday, July 10, 2009

Surgery Date and 4th of July pics

John will be having a STEP procedure done on July 24th at University of Nebraska in Omaha. This is his second time to have this surgery and while recovery is not fun it is his best chance to have a couple good years of no central lines and growing time. Maybe even longer! It is our hope and prayer that God would guide the surgeons and all who care for John, that God would provide healing in John's body according to His will, and that He would provide us with opportunities to reach out to others with the hope of Christ while we are going through this recovery process. John could be the official ambassador of smiles, and we hope that it won't take long for him to be up and running the hospital hallways spreading smiles this way and that.

I will be updating the blog as I can, honestly I do update facebook more often, you can find me there - Ageena Hass - and you can find Mark there as well - Mark Hass. I will text updates to those that I have numbers to text, and we'll call as often as we can. As soon as I have one I will put an address here, there, and everywhere as John's all time favorite of anything is mail, any kind of mail, honestly the kid would love an old envelope with a bandaid in it!

Here's are the pictures, phew, you knew I'd shut up and get there. The first is of John dancing in his chair with his new IPod touch, thanks Grandma, and the rest are of 4th of July, yep, the guys are giving each other manicures and pedicures and John LOVES fireworks! The big one that he is holding has monkeys on it and on the morning of the 4th all he wanted to know was 'monkey fire today?'. John had a great time watching our fireworks and the others around us,I think this kid was made for 4th of July!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: