Friday, April 1, 2005

Easter Friday

Jesus Christ is risen! He is risen indeed! Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Mare is here and we're waiting for final word on going home. John's labs looked great this morning. Dr. Hanna is on board that we can go home, just waiting on Dr. Rothbaum's okay.

Therapy went well this morning. Christine, PT, and Emily, OT, worked with John for a while then Jane, ST, came in and he actually talked to her a bit. Kelly the student nurse hung out with us and blew bubbles, John of course hollered and complained but worked through all of it.

Emily commended us on our healthy attitude about John and his need for independence. I can't imagine wanting anything else for someone that I love so much.

In the conversation with Dr. Hanna this morning I offered to do vitals and all kinds of stuff and he told me that he didn't want us to feel like we were running a hospital out of our home. I told him that I'd rather try to run a hospital out of my home than try to run my home out of the hospital. He told me that when he is training his fellows in the future he will remember this quote from a wise mom. He has also complemented us on several other things and told John that he was very blessed. It feels good to be appreciated for how we love John and take care of him - please God help us to keep taking such good care of John.

Jesus Christ is risen! He is risen indeed! Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

No comments: