Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Today is Mark's birthday and John and I are eagerly waiting to get to tell him Happy Birthday in person and loved getting to hear his voice this morning.

I have for years called Mark 'my favorite husband', it gets some sideways looks, but probably because it is misinterpreted by the hearer. What it really means is that in all the world, over all the years, in all the stories, books, and in person, of all the husbands I have ever heard of he is my favorite.

Love is a strange thing, it can be intense and yet hard to pin down exactly why it is what that way. Mark and I have been married for almost 16 years and I love him more today than any day previous in those years and intend to love him more with each day that passes. He is the most fiercely loyal, dedicated, protective man I have ever known, at the same time he is kind, compassionate, caring, strong and gentle.

John and I are blessed each day to be Mark's son and wife and to celebrate his 41st birthday with him, may God bless us to celebrate many many more!

No comments: