Saturday, July 24, 2004

To Be Trusted

Rained most of the day - weather matched the way my back felt, albeit it's improving enough that I'm not worried about going to church tomorrow. Spent the afternoon at St. Paul's on the cookbook committee, am glad to have joined the 'mom's club' but sure have different priorities than others around me. Mark is settling into the basement study but John wouldn't let him work while I was gone. Little boy loves attention and we are thrilled to give it. Thought of him while reading Why I Am a Lutheran by Daniel Preus. "It is the nature of trust that it can be created only by the one who is trusted." Am very thankful that God has created His faith in us so that we can be parents that John can trust. Wyatt and Joseph called. Nice to visit and can't wait to see them next summer. Late night for a Saturday, but a good one with my best friend and our beloved little son.

No comments: