Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ah, the ocean :)

I have never had a desire to be around the ocean other than one time just to see what it looked like. When Mark and I were first married he took me to Myrtle Beach, um, ho hum, not too impressive, but mostly because I'm a mountain girl and the ocean is pretty boring from the top. But while in California I wanted John to see the ocean so that when we looked at an ocean on a map this school year he had a good picture of what we were talking about. Even thought I'm not really an ocean person, I do realize that it, like mountains, cannot be adequately describe through words or pictures, nothing is like the real thing. My nephew's Sergeant suggested Huntington Beach which turned out to be the perfect place to go. So the morning of the wedding, my mom, Mark, John and I took off for the beach - we could have been helping with the wedding, I know, but really a 6yo on mischief juice is not helpful, nor are the parents that spend their whole time chasing him and fixing what happened in his wake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were all a little shocked at just how cold the water was when it got on our toes, but oh it felt good. The temperature when we left the hotel was already well over 100 degrees, but at the beach it was a nice cool 79 and the water was gorgeous and clear.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

John was wanting to build sand castles, and some day we will have to go back and do that. He was happy to bury his legs and feet in the sand for a few minutes and then we were off to get ready for the wedding. Lol, several showers later there was still sand in the motel bathtub from the little sand monkey.

No comments: